The NC3Rs will launch a new collaboration with Unilever within the field of non-animal safety assessment in April. As part of this collaboration, Unilever will be co-funding a number of the NC3Rs PhD Studentship awards. A launch meeting on April 2 in Central London, UK will allow potential applicants to find out more about the scheme, network with fellow researchers and discuss ideas with staff from both Unilever and the NC3Rs.
The NC3Rs Studentship awards embed the 3Rs in the training of graduate scientists from a broad range of scientific backgrounds and there are up to three joint awards available for 2019.
The joint Unilever-NC3Rs Studentships will focus on the following areas:
- Local exposure – microbiome, skin, lung
- Clearance mechanisms – renal, liver metabolism
- Repeat dosing
- Non-animal models with human focus
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from NC3Rs grant holders and Unilever researchers applying the 3Rs within the safety assessment field.
- Learn about the PhD Studentship scheme and hear tips on how to apply.
- Have a one-to-one with a member of NC3Rs or Unilever staff.
- Network with fellow researchers, potential collaborators and meet with Unilever and NC3Rs representatives.