In an article published December 6 on the FDA Voice blog, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced publication of FDA’s Predictive Toxicology Roadmap for integrating predictive toxicology methods into safety and risk assessments.
The Predictive Toxicology Roadmap presents a framework for new or enhanced FDA engagement in the science of toxicology that includes six elements:
- An organizing committee to help identify areas where research is needed and reduce duplication of efforts
2. Training in use of new test methods
3. Communication among the Agency, sponsors, and test method developers
4. Fostering collaborations across sectors and disciplines nationally and internationally
5. Research to identify data gaps and promote promising technologies
6. Oversight to track progress
FDA will be holding a public workshop as part of its efforts to foster opportunities for sharing ideas, discussing new technologies, and highlighting collaborations to develop and test new methods.